Since it's not possible in Painter 7 to enter a minus value in Canvas Size dialog box to reduce the Canvas size accurately, and using the Crop tool can be innacurate, here's an alternate method that's quick and accurate at the same time:
1. Highlight the Canvas (i.e. a 600 x 600 pixel Canvas) and use Ctrl/Command+A to Select All.
2. Select > Modify > Contract and type the number of pixels (i.e. 50 pixels)
3. Ctrl/Command+C to Copy, then Edit > Paste Into New Image.
4. Back to the original image: In the Layers section menu, choose Select All to highlight all of the Layers.
5. Ctrl/Command+G to Group, then Ctrl/Command+C to Copy.
6. In the receiving image: Ctrl/Command+V to Paste. Now you have your original image reassembled and precisely 50 pixels "shaved off" all around the Canvas.. it's now 500 x 500 pixels. Ctrl/Command+U to Ungroup the Layers.
Jinny Brown, October 1, 2001
- 2001, Jinny Brown
All Corel Painter screen prints on these pages are used with permission from Corel Corporation.