|For the past couple of weeks, I've
been experimenting with some new brush variants based on the Brush
category and two or three recorded and saved brush strokes.
With some used in this image, I also used Color Variability and
moved the Hue slider up to about 20%. I alternated between
setting Impasto to Depth and Color, Cloning to Clone
Color and using some Patterns I've made over the past year,
then painting with my new brush variants without the extra settings. The
background is a failed attempt at making a wood texture but it looked kind
of organic and I liked the way the light played across it and the subtle
texture at the upper half.
The image needs some more work, especially
in the background where the tiling is obvious. (Well, it probably needs
more than that but that's what I can see.) This is it for now, though,
because I'm out of steam and need a fresh cup of coffee. :o)