How can I have Custom Palettes from one Workspace in another Workspace?
If you ever decide to reset the Workspace to the Default Workspace (or to another custom Workspace), and want to have your Custom Palettes appear in that Workspace:
1. First load the Workspace where your Custom Palettes appear.
2. Then use Window > Custom Palettes > Organizer to open the Custom Palette Organizer dialog box.
3. In the left panel, highlight a Custom Palette name.
4. Click the Export button, navigate to the Painter application/program folder, type the name of the Custom Palette, and click the Save button.
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to Export any other Custom Palettes you have.
6. When you're finished Exporting Custom Palettes, click the Done button to close the Custom Palette Organizer dialog box.
7. Now use Window > Workspace and click Default to load the Default Workspace (or click the name of another custom Workspace to load that custom Workspace).
8. Use Window > Custom Palettes > Organizer.
9. Click the Import button, navigate to your Painter application/program folder, highlight one of the Custom Palette files you Exported, and click the Open button.
10. Repeat Step 9 to Import any other Custom Palettes you Exported.
11. When you're finished Importing Custom Palettes, click the Done button to close the Custom Palette Organizer dialog box.
© Jinny Brown
September 27, 2007