AROUND THE EDGES OF A SHAPE
(written for Painter 5.0 and Painter 6.0.1)
These settings may be altered to arrive at the effect you want, and on any of a number of letter or other shapes. To duplicate this sample, for practice:
1. In the ART MATERIALS palette, click the COLOR icon to open the COLOR PICKER and pick (click) a color. For this sample, I used:
R: 1512. In the TOOLS palette, click the TEXT tool.
3. In the CONTROLS palette, set the text to 147 pt.
4. Type "A", using Bauhaus Heavy BT, (any bold typeface will do).
5. Click the FLOATER ADJUSTER tool (LAYER ADJUSTER in Painter 6) to select the letter shape. This SHAPE will appear in the OBJECTS palette, in the FLOATERS LIST (LAYERS LIST in Painter 6).
4. In the ART MATERIALS palette, click the PAPERS icon, and, from the drop-down list, select PAVEMENT.
6. From the EFFECTS menu, click SURFACE CONTROL, then APPLY SURFACE TEXTURE,
Click the DONE
button, then EDIT,
will allow you to try again if the result is not what you wanted.
Jinny Brown April 4, 2000
copyright 2000, Jinny Brown